Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Christmas Party

We had our Christmas party yesterday. We earned the Christmas badge, and the Joy
badge. 


I read them the Nativity Story from the Bible and we made several pauses
along the way to discuss feelings and sights, and reasons why things happened
that way. 


Then we talked a little about Christmas in other countries, and
learned to say Merry Christmas in Spanish, French, Italian, Choctaw & Chinese. Then we
discussed Joy and what it means. Then we broke into patrols and worked through 4
"stations". At one we decorated candles and wrapped them, they are to give them to
someone who looks like they need a little extra joy this season. The second
station was making Joy Journals, with a page for I am thankful for..; When I am
sad I did.. and it made me feel better; page 3 was numbered to 14 and they are
to make someone smile once a day for 14 days, pages 4&5 were for things that
make us joyful over the next two weeks. I told them either to write, draw a
picture, or cut pictures out of magazines. Station three was making Yule Logs out of
biscuits and chocolate icing, a special treat made in France for Christmas.
Station 4 was making snow globes out of glass jars. Then we cleaned up. 


I had a string hanging on the wall, and clothespins holding plastic treat bags. I (actually Jaclyn did) put a sheet of stickers, and a holiday pencil in each to hold them open, then they had
to race with Hersey Kisses, mini Snickers, small bouncy balls, and stampers balanced on spoons to
fill their stockings. 


We were going to play Christmas songs charades, but we ran
out of time! (Maybe next year!) The bummer is, that I was put in charge of
pictures, and I forgot to take a single one!!! I was so busy watching the girls
have fun!




Congratulations to Megan for earning her 1st Servants Heart!!

Frontier Girls Challenge for the month: To write a thank you note, and properly address it.


We will be putting together a care package for Anthony Henggeler at our January 23rd meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment