Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Doing Badges on Your Own

I have the calendar worked, so that this year you will earn several awards, just by attending all the meetings and events. The monthly service projects will earn Otters at least 2 service hearts, and Dolphins at least 1 service heart this school year. 

To complete the Fruit of the Spirit Award this school year, you need to earn the Kindness badge on your own.

To complete the Leadership Award you need to earn the Make A Difference Award, and memorize the Creed.

You will earn the Life Skills Award by completing the Monthly Challenges, and attending the Life Skills Day on June 2nd. 

I really want to encourage those leveling up in August (Claire, Emma, Jaclyn, Krysta, Nathalie & Vanessa) to earn the Make A Difference Award this year. Start thinking about ideas, and I will be handing out planning worksheets at the November meeting. 

I am slowly printing out all the badges and their requirements, starting with the ones that I think the girls would be most interested in, I am currently on my third ink cartridge though.. I will also be handing out a spreadsheet of all the available badges, with the ones we will be doing together marked.

Attending all meetings and events will earn you 30 badges this year. To earn the WOW Award you need to earn between 33-34 badges each school year, so you can see, it is only a few on your own this year. But keep in mind that we will not always be working so hard! Next year I plan to focus on the Liberty Award, and to do a few more of the art, science, and knowledge badges. Though I plan to always to a Character badge at each meeting! I am trying to work the schedule so that we will earn all Awards in a three year cycle, but with so many of the girls leveling up this first year, I am pushing us. I hope this doesn't drive too many of you away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment